Sunday, June 21, 2009

First Post from Ecuador!

Buenos dias con todos!

So I just got settled into my town for the next 9 weeks! The view is amazing and the people are great! We stayed in Quito for a night where we got our shots and took a spanish interview test. Then Thursday we rode to Cayambe (a mountain city) and stayed there for 2 nights while we had more orientations and bonded as a group of Trainees. Yesterday we were assigned our language facilitator and host families.

There are 5 of us trainees in my town, about 30 minutes northeast of Cayambe in the Mountians. It is FREEZING at night but so incredibly beautiful. Right now, it is the festivles of Cayambe and the festivles of San Juan. So everyone is out dancing in the streets in traditional indigenous clothing. Also, there is a bull ring where we watched men try to fool the bulls with their red capes but luckily they didn´t kill the bulls in the end! I have also milked a cow and eaten enough new mystery foods that I´ll probably be sick for the next month!

Overall it is an amazing experience so far. I am getting the language FAST and making new friends and family easily. I´ve had a few ups and downs but in the 5 days I´ve been here, I´ve learned so much about myself that everything seems to equal out in the end!

I´m not allowed to give out my address or phone number publicly but if you would like to send me a letter or padded envelope package..... let me know! I´m ready for some snail mail! Hasta Luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment